Page 1 of 1
Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
Posted: 12.05.2012 04:37
by supercc 2008
Hi There,
Is the Remote Helicon is compatible with the new Canon 5D markIII ?
Thanks
Re: Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
Posted: 14.05.2012 11:50
by Stas Yatsenko
We have no confirmation from our users about compatibility with 5d3 yet. Still there are good chances it is. You are welcome to download the program and test it yourself.
Re: Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
Posted: 30.05.2012 20:42
by RzB
It seems to be working for me - I'm only using the trial version at the moment.
I have done very little testing but it seems OK after an initial glitch where the "small" focussing steps were not working correctly.
Restarting seems to have fixed that.
Using Win 7 64bit.
RzB
Re: Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
Posted: 30.05.2012 22:40
by RzB
Using Windows 7 64bit - Canon 5D MkIII & 7D - Helicon Remote 2.4.4
System i7 930, 12G Ram, 128 SSD System drive.
Ahh... I seem to have spoken too soon
I am unable to switch off Live View.
Also, when I close the window Helicon Remote hangs and doesn't close.
I have tested on the 7D and it works OK, so it looks like a 5D MkIII problem.
RzB
Re: Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
Posted: 31.05.2012 13:12
by Stas Yatsenko
Hang upon exit is a known problem, we're working on it. One way to avoid it is turn camera off first and then exit Remote.
As for the problem switching live view off - please reproduce it and send a bug report from within Remote.
Re: Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
Posted: 31.05.2012 15:35
by RzB
OK - will send something later this evening.
RzB
Re: Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
Posted: 01.06.2012 12:08
by RzB
RzB wrote:OK - will send something later this evening.
RzB
Failed! Apologies - a bit busy. I'll try again this evening....
Re: Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
Posted: 02.06.2012 18:14
by RzB
RzB wrote:RzB wrote:OK - will send something later this evening.
RzB
Failed! Apologies - a bit busy. I'll try again this evening....
OK - Done - Bug report winging it's way to you.
One thing I forgot to add was camera firmware version - it's 1.0.7 - which is not the latest version I now realise.
I'll update and try again but it will be a while because I'm just about to reinstall windows on my main machine:-(
RzB
Re: Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
Posted: 04.06.2012 11:16
by Stas Yatsenko
We are investigating this problem, but we don't have a fix yet.