Stacking is great but ....
Posted: 03.09.2012 08:20
I would like to see the remote software become better at normal tethering. eg. Why is it not possible to turn off live view just to control a Nikon camera? I was excited by the advent of a the android remote software because most of the tethering software is for Canon. I'm sure it would be possible to have a mode of control where the live-view is not on as this really does suck up battery life. If the software could act as a simple remote control - some are attempting to do this by emulating the signals from an MC-30 remote trigger, that would really be good.
Also whilst I'm waiting for my Android tablet to arrive I tested the PC version out and it hangs when I connect my D700. I managed to get it to work by going to gpedit (winXP pro) and turning off autorun but somehow a window still gets triggered and I can only get it to work 1 in 5 tries and if I turn the camera off an on again the software hangs. Any way I can sort this out ?
Also whilst I'm waiting for my Android tablet to arrive I tested the PC version out and it hangs when I connect my D700. I managed to get it to work by going to gpedit (winXP pro) and turning off autorun but somehow a window still gets triggered and I can only get it to work 1 in 5 tries and if I turn the camera off an on again the software hangs. Any way I can sort this out ?