Feature requests: shoot button in fullscreen view
Posted: 30.10.2012 00:50
hi folks,
I am new using the Helicon Remote after using the Helicon Focus for more than 1.5 years. I found the Remote (Android both Nexus 7 and Galaxy S II with D800) useful and usable albeit some problems. What I would like to ask to add to the Remote are the following:
1) A semi-transparent "shoot" button in the full screen Live View. This is useful in the following case: once setup the setting, one can monitor the view "remotely" and take a picture quickly without switch back to the other views with the menu. This is very useful when using the small screen device like a smart phone to maximize the view when monitoring the scene.
2) A better zoom-in and zoom-out handling in the Live View (or in the focus/exposure views). Currently it seems only support two sizes and even with the magnified size it is still very hard to determine the focus accuracy.
The problems I have seen are:
1) If the images are to be transferred from the camera to the device after it is taken, I have very often seen the error message of something like "connection to the camera has been lost bla bla". I have not seen it if I don't transfer the images. Losing the picture after just taking it is really bad.
2) Setting Helicon Remote to be the default app for the camera does not seem to work: each time the camera is connected the same choice still need to be made with on effect. Worst is that the Gallery app also tries to grab the camera and if it does, Remote won't see the camera.
Thanks,
Shi-Wan
I am new using the Helicon Remote after using the Helicon Focus for more than 1.5 years. I found the Remote (Android both Nexus 7 and Galaxy S II with D800) useful and usable albeit some problems. What I would like to ask to add to the Remote are the following:
1) A semi-transparent "shoot" button in the full screen Live View. This is useful in the following case: once setup the setting, one can monitor the view "remotely" and take a picture quickly without switch back to the other views with the menu. This is very useful when using the small screen device like a smart phone to maximize the view when monitoring the scene.
2) A better zoom-in and zoom-out handling in the Live View (or in the focus/exposure views). Currently it seems only support two sizes and even with the magnified size it is still very hard to determine the focus accuracy.
The problems I have seen are:
1) If the images are to be transferred from the camera to the device after it is taken, I have very often seen the error message of something like "connection to the camera has been lost bla bla". I have not seen it if I don't transfer the images. Losing the picture after just taking it is really bad.
2) Setting Helicon Remote to be the default app for the camera does not seem to work: each time the camera is connected the same choice still need to be made with on effect. Worst is that the Gallery app also tries to grab the camera and if it does, Remote won't see the camera.
Thanks,
Shi-Wan