Adjusting ISO in Time Lapse

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Post Reply
JWSPhoto
Posts: 4
Joined: 17.12.2012 10:11

Adjusting ISO in Time Lapse

Post by JWSPhoto »

I'm ready to purchase HF & HR for use w/ Nikon D3, D3x & D800 bodies for use w/ Win64 system. In addition to focus stacks, I want to shoot time lapses tethered to laptop controlled via HR for 500-1,250 shots per session. My 3 questions are: Does HR allow this many shots in one shoot? Can the ISO be manually changed at one or more stage points during the sequence without disrupting the process? Does HR feature any pre-programming of exposure adjustments?
Thanks,
User avatar
Stas Yatsenko
Posts: 3833
Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
Contact:

Re: Adjusting ISO in Time Lapse

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

The number of shots is irrelevant as long as you don't run out of battery. We encourage you to try it yourself to see if there are any problems with long sequences in your setup.
It is not possible to adjust camera settings without stopping time lapse shooting, but it is possible for focus bracketing (you can press "Stop", adjust settings with camera body controls and press "Continue").
No kind of programming is supported at the moment, although it is in our plans for the (not so near) future.
JWSPhoto
Posts: 4
Joined: 17.12.2012 10:11

Re: Adjusting ISO in Time Lapse

Post by JWSPhoto »

Thank you Stas, Yes, I was expecting to try it, but wanted first-hand feedback which I appreciate your giving me. Will download trial.
Post Reply