USB connectivity for Android devices
Posted: 01.01.2013 22:24
I am investigating into Helicon remote.
Compatability:
You write that it is compatible with Android 3+ tablets with USB host controller. Is that to be understood in the way that one needs to buy a host controller separately, or is that something that is built in into Android tablet from OS version 3 and up?
USB cables:
An Android tablet like Google Nexus 7 looks affordable and not too heavy. I wonder about the connection via USB cable. It has a Micro USB connection, so has my Canon 5D2. But I can not find a cable that has Micro USB male on either end. They all have normal size USB on one end.
WiFi?
Alternative would be a WiFi connection. I am not so familiar with this stuff. Is it possible to set up a wireless connection between camera and Android tablet in the middle of nowhere, without a central router?
If yes, will this not consume more battery power than a cable connection?
Kind regards - Hening Bettermann
Compatability:
You write that it is compatible with Android 3+ tablets with USB host controller. Is that to be understood in the way that one needs to buy a host controller separately, or is that something that is built in into Android tablet from OS version 3 and up?
USB cables:
An Android tablet like Google Nexus 7 looks affordable and not too heavy. I wonder about the connection via USB cable. It has a Micro USB connection, so has my Canon 5D2. But I can not find a cable that has Micro USB male on either end. They all have normal size USB on one end.
WiFi?
Alternative would be a WiFi connection. I am not so familiar with this stuff. Is it possible to set up a wireless connection between camera and Android tablet in the middle of nowhere, without a central router?
If yes, will this not consume more battery power than a cable connection?
Kind regards - Hening Bettermann