Page 1 of 1

d800e found by windows 8 64 but not by remote

Posted: 09.03.2013 20:00
by wsi
Good evening
I have had a great experience with Helicon focus 5.3.x.x 64 bit version. It works fine under windows 8 64 bit

My website http://inglesphoto.com has many focus stacked pictures from using your software.

I just downloaded helicon remote 5.6.3

Entered registration from my original helicon focus installation. The program indicated that I was registered for helicon remote.
I am using a cognisys stack shot extended rail
Camera is a nikon d800e with current firmware using nikkor 200 mm micro lens

Windows 8 sees the d800e on the USB 3 link. I can browse the camera directories.
The stackshot goes in to usb mode. It sees the computer.

Helicon remote does not seem to see the d800e. in the preferences window the software says no camera is found.

I have restarted the computer. powered the stackshot off and on. Powered the nikon d800e on and off.

No luck so far.

Suggestions?

Re: d800e found by windows 8 64 but not by remote

Posted: 11.03.2013 17:34
by Stas Yatsenko
Try disconnecting Stackshot from USB, see if D800 will be detected then.

Re: d800e found by windows 8 64 but not by remote

Posted: 12.03.2013 17:54
by wsi
yes the camera was found. software crashed every few minutes. no picture showing on liveview but it was trying to communicate.

Re: d800e found by windows 8 64 but not by remote

Posted: 12.03.2013 18:09
by wsi
increased iso to 1000. flower showed up on liveview. I will have to read the manual. the program does not seem to like windows 8 64 bit with usb 3.0

interesting concept. Not working for me yet.

Re: d800e found by windows 8 64 but not by remote

Posted: 13.03.2013 17:28
by Stas Yatsenko
It should work perfectly on any Windows version and regardless of whether you're using USB 2 or 3, unless the cable is faulty (which is extremely unlikely, but not impossible). Please send a bug report next time it crashes (Help->Report a bug, or it should prompt you to send a report automatically when starting after a crash).