Page 1 of 1

long exposures?

Posted: 16.03.2013 00:46
by multizone
The longest exposure I see in the settings looks like 1 minute, aka 60 seconds.

Is there a way to set arbitrary shutter times?

I want to do, for example, 30, 60, 120 seconds for a three-shot exposure bracket with a dark ND filter. Or 120,240, 480 seconds, and so on.

Thanks.

Re: long exposures?

Posted: 18.03.2013 15:03
by Stas Yatsenko
Whenever bulb shooting is available, the list of available exposures will be augmented by longer values than camera's normal max (which is 30 seconds, and new values start with 45 seconds). Those values are also available for exposure bracketing. Additionally, you can set one custom exposure duration in the settings. If you don't see exposures longer than 30 seconds in the list, it means that either your camera doesn't support bulb shooting when controlled remotely, or there's an error in Remote. Please tell us your camera model.

Re: long exposures?

Posted: 18.03.2013 17:41
by multizone
It is a D7000.

I found the custom exposure, as below, but don't know how to set it- tried as in the screenshot below. Apparently bulb is not available, as the max showing is 30 seconds. Bulb is available on-camera.

Image
Image

Re: long exposures?

Posted: 19.03.2013 16:10
by Stas Yatsenko
D7000 doesn't support it. Only D800, D600 and D4 do. Not sure about D7100 yet.

Re: long exposures?

Posted: 19.03.2013 17:16
by multizone
Stas Yatsenko wrote:D7000 doesn't support it.
Thanks, good to know. Now I buy a Pixel TW-282.