Blurred parts

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
AndrewL

Blurred parts

Post by AndrewL »

Hi,

I am new to the product and must say that I am really impressed with its use so far.

I do have trouble with a few photos of watch movements I have taken recently with big blocks of blurred patches in the photos. I have retaken the pictures putting in more layers to see if I had just jumped so the program was creating something on the image, but with no luck.

Anyone offer some guidance?

Thanks
Andrew
Attachments
stack question.jpg
(239.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Blurred parts

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

It is difficult to say what is wrong here. Can you please upload this stack to our server (as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp.html).
jimshirey

Post by jimshirey »

have you tried the retouching process? sometimes the algorithm behaves oddly and you have to go in and do it by hand.
jimshirey

Post by jimshirey »

andrew, i looked at your image and it very closely resembles problems i have had while shooting outside in natural lighting. it usually happens around dark areas where there is glare. my suggestion first is to try all three composing methods. on a specific stack, sometimes one of them works much better than the others. you can fix this up with retouching, thought that can be really tedious. another fix is to try to equalize the input files for brightness. high variability in brightness can really affect the algorithm in dark areas.