Page 1 of 2
Helicon Remote whith Nikon D7100 and WU-1A GOOD
Posted: 02.08.2013 19:52
by clav0
Hi
I just tested Helicon Remote with a Nikon D7100 with the device WU-1A.
I struggled to recognize the WU-1A by Windows 8
We are left with a limited connection in Network and Sharing Center:
No internet access, Wifi (Nikon_WU_21131118)
In Detail:
Description: Realteck RTL 8723A Wireless 802.11 DHCP enabled yes, DHCP Server V4 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2 IPv4 Address
In Security:
Security Type No authentication (Open), type no encryption.
In Helicon Remote, Network Camera:
D7100 Camera
192.1.1 Address
Car Type
The camera is recognized by Helicon Remote
I have made the Live View function, focus bracketing
SUPER congratulations Helicon Soft.
Sorry for my english, i an french user
thank you
Re: Helicon Remote whith Nikon D7100 and WU-1A GOOD
Posted: 03.08.2013 23:30
by Guest
Sorry the adress is 192.168.1.1
Thanks
Re: Helicon Remote whith Nikon D7100 and WU-1A GOOD
Posted: 05.08.2013 16:08
by Stas Yatsenko
Great, thanks! We've been wondering whether it will work or not.
Re: Helicon Remote whith Nikon D7100 and WU-1A GOOD
Posted: 06.08.2013 21:43
by D600vince
Hi,
Is there any chance,it'd work with D600, wu-1b on android ?
Did someone tested-it
Thanks
Re: Helicon Remote whith Nikon D7100 and WU-1A GOOD
Posted: 07.08.2013 14:28
by Stas Yatsenko
I vaguely remeber someone saying it works, but can't find a link to double-check. Why don't you try it yourself? It doesn't cost anything to try.
Re: Helicon Remote whith Nikon D7100 and WU-1A GOOD
Posted: 07.08.2013 16:55
by D600vince
Well, it costs the wu-1b which I don't have, and won't purchase if it doesn't work with Helicon, because it's useless with Nikon's dreadful app

Re: Helicon Remote whith Nikon D7100 and WU-1A GOOD
Posted: 08.08.2013 15:54
by Stas Yatsenko
Ah! Fair enough. Well, you could make your own thread in Helicon Remote section asking whether wu-1b works. I'm pretty sure it does, since 1a does, but not sure enough to bet on it.
Re: Helicon Remote whith Nikon D7100 and WU-1A GOOD
Posted: 08.08.2013 18:22
by clav0
Sorry, my post was perhaps not clear enough.
I confirm that a Nikon D7100 with a WU-1a works perfectly with Helicon Remote Windows 8.
I think it will be the same with the Nikon D600 with a WU-1b knowing that WU-1a/1b is for android and WU-1a/1b are identical except USB plug.
You can not ruin you take the test (about 50 €) if it does not work for you, what astonished me very much, you can always resell it.
You can see this post on WU-1a/1b:
http://nikonhacker.com/wiki/WU-1a and
http://nikonhacker.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=218
Thanks
Re: Helicon Remote whith Nikon D7100 and WU-1A GOOD
Posted: 09.08.2013 01:28
by D600vince
I'll ask my dealer to let me try it, but nit sure he'd accept
Re: Helicon Remote whith Nikon D7100 and WU-1A GOOD
Posted: 12.08.2013 16:39
by MennoSto
I have tried the D600 with the WU-1b and the results are mixed ,I have run Helicon remote on a Nexus Galaxy and a nexus 7(old) both running android 4.3 .
On the Nexus it runs perfect on the Nexus Galaxy not ,I can connect to the D600 but after about a minute the live view on the Galaxy freezes and helicon seems to loose the connection (the program does not freeze I can switch to the different tabs "Exposure , Focus , Life view and Tools" but nothing more).
P.S. the helicon remote on the Galaxy is registered on the nexus not so I only tested it with JPG's.
By the way is the registration of helicon linked to a device or a person (in other words do I need to buy a new registration for the nexus 7)
Re: Helicon Remote whith Nikon D7100 and WU-1A GOOD
Posted: 13.08.2013 14:34
by Stas Yatsenko
You don't need to buy a new license for every device you have or in case of upgrade. If you're buying via Google Play it's managed by Google services based on your Google account, and in case of our own license you can activate it on 2 devices and we will add more if you require (just contact us).
Could you please reproduce this connection loss and send us a bug report (menu -> Feedback - > Report a bug)?
Re: Helicon Remote whith Nikon D7100 and WU-1A GOOD
Posted: 13.08.2013 14:51
by D600vince
Many thanks for your D600 test !
Re: Helicon Remote whith Nikon D7100 and WU-1A GOOD
Posted: 21.08.2013 10:25
by D600vince
I just bought WU-1B for my D600 : Works great !
Congrats !
P.S : By the way, I did test with Nikon 1 J3, it doesn't world but that's to be expected as Nikon 1 don't seem to support remote control at all (only the dreadful nikon app can control it).
Re: Helicon Remote whith Nikon D7100 and WU-1A GOOD
Posted: 21.08.2013 15:53
by Stas Yatsenko
Great news about D600.
Does the dreadful Nikon app provide live view with J3?
Re: Helicon Remote whith Nikon D7100 and WU-1A GOOD
Posted: 21.08.2013 16:18
by D600vince
Yes, The dreadful nikon app does provide live view on the J3