Page 1 of 1

Retouching paints black on rendered image

Posted: 22.08.2014 06:06
by RedBuffalo
I use Helicon Focus 4.2.9 because all of the later updates (currently V. 6.2) have been unstable for me, often crashing after I have been well into retouching. Today when I was about an hour into a retouching session with 4.2.9 I experienced a new problem. When I painted with the retouching brush, the retouched areas in the right window (the rendered image) painted black instead of the usual behavior of painting the contents of the left window into the rendered image. Restarting my Mac (Mavericks 10.9.4) and trashing the HF prefs had no effect on this odd behavior. I have been using HF (Pro version) extensively for about 5 or 6 years and have never experienced this behavior before. Any suggestions for remedying this problem would be appreciated.

Re: Retouching paints black on rendered image

Posted: 22.08.2014 14:38
by Stas Yatsenko
Helicon Focus 4.2.9 is outdated version and we do not support it anymore. Please try this version:
http://heliconsoft.com/downloads/HeliconFocus6.2.2.dmg