supported camera models

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Stas Yatsenko

Re: supported camera models

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

D610 is supported and is listed as such (so you must have missed it). As for the network connection problem - I've never heard of such an issue, the only explanation I can think of is that you're trying to connect to the camera too soon after turning it on, before it registers on the network and establishes Wi-Fi connection.
USB connection provides faster image transfer and better reliability.
austrokiwi

Post by austrokiwi »

When will get around to adding the Sony A7r to the list of Supported Cameras. Phase one Capture pro now allows full tethering of the Sony A 7r. There is a very strong rumour that by the middle of 2015 Sony will be bringing the A9 ( 46 MP with IBIS) to the market. I like many will be upgrading. It is really frustrating not getting the support for these new ( 21st century) generation of cameras.

Alternately can Helicon interface seamlessly with Phase one Capture pro?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We might eventually support Sony cameras, but I can't say when yet. Helicon Remote is focusing on Nikon and Canon cameras, perfecting support for those cameras is a priority.
There's no integration with Capture One.
Didix

Post by Didix »

Hi Stas

Well, so I fear that we still have no chance that Panasonic (GH4, GX7, GM5, etc.) will be supported in a close future?
Right? :(

-Didix
LouisJ

Post by LouisJ »

Will you be adding support for the Canon Rebel XT?

I would like to transfer pictures from the camera to a Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

No, sorry, it's an old camera with no live view. We can't support it.
LouisJ

Post by LouisJ »

Ok, thanks.

I tried a CF card reader today. Came up immediately, but when I selected the USB card I got a "error, cannot open"

It's interesting that a PC will read the camera through a USB connection, but not into the tablet.

Thanks, again
ntsarb

Post by ntsarb »

Stas Yatsenko wrote: 08.04.2016 11:43 No, sorry, it's an old camera with no live view. We can't support it.
How about newer Panasonic cameras, like the S5, which support remote control, including step-by-step focus control?

https://imgur.com/a/8UtSSMx
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

That is a possible direction for future development, thanks for the suggestion. For now we're just taking notes since our hands are full supporting Canon, Nikon and Sony (especially Sony), but hopefully we will be able to expand in the future.
aaron746

Post by aaron746 »

alu71381 wrote: 04.12.2014 12:24 Hello

I have a Nikon D810 and am getting a camera not supported message when running Helicon Remote. Could someone please tell me when it might be a supported camera.

Many thanks, Alan.
I know this is a pretty ancient post I'm replying to but just thought Id mention that Helicon Focus and Helicon Remote are both working without any problems with my D810 and WeMacro rail. :D