LR5, HF and TIFF problem
Posted: 16.09.2014 23:53
Hi,
I'm using HF6.2.2 Pro and LR 5.6 With the HF Plugin I export my pictures as TIFF 16bit files (goes to subdirectory in temp). HF starts and opens these files, I render and save as TIFF 16bit again to the original folder of my pictures (because LR can't autostack the result from HF and the temp dir gets deleted when I'm back in LR). Then I try to synchronize to get the resulting file from HF back, but LR refuses to read the HF TIFF file (... corrupt file). Does not matter whether uncompressed or LZW.
The only workaround I found was to convert the TIFF to PSD (with the help of Adobe PSE12 that can read the HF TIFF !!) and then sync the PSD into LR.
That's not a good workflow and I hope you programm a better way. Would prefer the way LR works with PS automatically reimporting the result file.
Yours
Jürgen
I'm using HF6.2.2 Pro and LR 5.6 With the HF Plugin I export my pictures as TIFF 16bit files (goes to subdirectory in temp). HF starts and opens these files, I render and save as TIFF 16bit again to the original folder of my pictures (because LR can't autostack the result from HF and the temp dir gets deleted when I'm back in LR). Then I try to synchronize to get the resulting file from HF back, but LR refuses to read the HF TIFF file (... corrupt file). Does not matter whether uncompressed or LZW.
The only workaround I found was to convert the TIFF to PSD (with the help of Adobe PSE12 that can read the HF TIFF !!) and then sync the PSD into LR.
That's not a good workflow and I hope you programm a better way. Would prefer the way LR works with PS automatically reimporting the result file.
Yours
Jürgen