Output of Helicon Focus not placed in source folder
Posted: 14.11.2014 21:53
Standard PC. Windows 7, 64-bit.
Lightroom 5.6
HF 6.2.2
I'm getting some odd behavior between LR and HF...
Unlike some of the recent topics, on my system the plugin shows up in the list of Lightroom Exports. The problem is the poor coordination.
I select a set of files in a folder in Lightroom. Export those images to Helicon Focus. Lightroom never stops the export task. It gets through the images, and Helicon Focus opens with them, but in Lightroom the task started to do the export doesn't end.
In Helicon I do a normal render, then go into Saving. HF doesn't automatically try to write the tif file back the location where the files were exported. I have to rummage through the system, find the right folder and get HF to save the .tif in the right location.
I don't know if I have something configured incorrectly in HF, although I don't see anything that says "stack with source images", but the other tools used as exports from Lightroom - Nik HDR Efex Pro for example - DO automatically place the output back in the same folder as the images exported to the tool.
Even after I manually force HF to put the .tif file back in the right folder, I then have to MANUALLY sync Lightroom and re-import the Helicon Focus output. Again, other tools such as HDR Efex Pro automatically ensure that the output .tif file gets put in the source folder and AUTOMATICALLY gets put back into Lightroom, then completes the task started for the export. With Helicon Focus, I eventually have to terminate the export task as it never completes...
I've ALREADY uninstalled and re-installed the plug-in, stopped and restarted all the software involved, and rebooted the system, so it doesn't appear to be a problem with installation of the plugin. Since, however, the other plug-ins I normally use do work as expected, this behavior between Helicon Focus and Lightroom doesn't seem correct.
Is there something I need to configure differently in Helicon Focus?
Lightroom 5.6
HF 6.2.2
I'm getting some odd behavior between LR and HF...
Unlike some of the recent topics, on my system the plugin shows up in the list of Lightroom Exports. The problem is the poor coordination.
I select a set of files in a folder in Lightroom. Export those images to Helicon Focus. Lightroom never stops the export task. It gets through the images, and Helicon Focus opens with them, but in Lightroom the task started to do the export doesn't end.
In Helicon I do a normal render, then go into Saving. HF doesn't automatically try to write the tif file back the location where the files were exported. I have to rummage through the system, find the right folder and get HF to save the .tif in the right location.
I don't know if I have something configured incorrectly in HF, although I don't see anything that says "stack with source images", but the other tools used as exports from Lightroom - Nik HDR Efex Pro for example - DO automatically place the output back in the same folder as the images exported to the tool.
Even after I manually force HF to put the .tif file back in the right folder, I then have to MANUALLY sync Lightroom and re-import the Helicon Focus output. Again, other tools such as HDR Efex Pro automatically ensure that the output .tif file gets put in the source folder and AUTOMATICALLY gets put back into Lightroom, then completes the task started for the export. With Helicon Focus, I eventually have to terminate the export task as it never completes...
I've ALREADY uninstalled and re-installed the plug-in, stopped and restarted all the software involved, and rebooted the system, so it doesn't appear to be a problem with installation of the plugin. Since, however, the other plug-ins I normally use do work as expected, this behavior between Helicon Focus and Lightroom doesn't seem correct.
Is there something I need to configure differently in Helicon Focus?