Is a full screen view of renderings no longer available?

Optical microscopes + digital photography
Anthony

Is a full screen view of renderings no longer available?

Post by Anthony »

I just upgraded from Helicon Focus lite 4.4 to 6.2.2. I cannot find a way to view a nearly full screen image of a just rendered stack. 6.2.2 seems to only allow only split screen views with one panel showing a mostly-out-of-focus source image. Seeing a source image is not useful for me when I am trying to compare the rendered outputs of Methods A, B, C, or the results of using a RAW source stack versus an 8 bit tiff source stack, or the effect of different radii on halos. I had been able to do most of this easily with the nearly full screen view of version 4.4, but the split screen modes require a lot more scrolling around the half image to get an idea of the effect on the full image. Is there a means of having 6.2.2 display a nearly full screen view of my rendered images while I compare the effects of different rendering options?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Is a full screen view of renderings no longer available?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Sorry, there is no way to view rendered image only in the new version. You can switch to Saving tab to do this but you will not be able to easily switch to other results in this case. We already have couple of such requests so we will to find some solution.

What you can do right now is to switch to Render tab, and press Use another output as source button under source list. In this case you will have one result in one panel and another result in second panel.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Stas,
"What you can do right now is to switch to Render tab, and press Use another output as source button under source list. In this case you will have one result in one panel and another result in second panel.[/quote]"
Thank you for the idea. I understand this idea...in principal. Unfortunately, I have Helicon Lite rather than Helicon Pro. I have tried Pro a few times but continue to reject it because I feel the retouching function to be a more subjective image manipulation than I can justify in presented data.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Copy from source brush is not a retouching in its usual meaning. You create nothing new, you just fix artefacts created by the program. So you should not feel guilty about it :)
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:Copy from source brush is not a retouching in its usual meaning. You create nothing new, you just fix artefacts created by the program. So you should not feel guilty about it :)
Stas, sorry about the delay in responding. I lost internet for about 24 h. I agree with you...in principal. But from what I read from discussions around use of images in science publishings, there is generally increasing concern about how a image is made when the image is the data. I sometimes take pictures of voucher specimens, so my images really are not the data, the specimen is, but still, I think I need to be able to hand a critic a stack of source photos and know that they will create virtually the same image if they compile them into an image. And the depth of focus retouching brush has a bit too much subjectivity regarding where I choose to define a border, which overlaps I choose to clarify, how intense the restoration is. Those capabilies make for beautiful images, but the images then have a subjective component regarding which details I have chosen to rescue. Thank you for your thoughts on the matter.