Page 1 of 1

Some bugs in HF

Posted: 18.02.2015 15:49
by nitinchandra
Hi,

I came across some issues (bugs) in the current HF as follows:

1. If you save any output and then try to over-write the same after making any changes, the original file is never over-written. Another *.tif_temp file is created and left instead. To check, just save the same file twice using the same filename and select "overwrite".

2. The "Add Text" has an unpredictable behaviour. For example, take a stack, create an output using all 3 methods, then, add text and some labels (ISO etc) to one output, and then try doing the same for the other outputs. You do not need to save them to see the issues.

3. The save file dialog always goes back to the source directory even after saving an output file in a different directory.

4. On changing the save directory path, the default filename is lost and reset to "untitled".

Do let me know in case there is any more information needed from my side. I am using an iMac running Yosemite.

Re: Some bugs in HF

Posted: 23.02.2015 16:54
by Stas Yatsenko
Please wait several days till new release is out.

Re: Some bugs in HF

Posted: 23.02.2015 18:19
by nitinchandra
Ah, okay. Just wanted to add some more...

1. The rendering seems to have issues and displays banding at times. Have not been able to figure out the exact steps to re-produce this.

2. HF seems quite different in UI/UX from the windows edition. There is no option to view the output in fullscreen or compare different outputs. This is very cumbersome as you have to save the output files and then view them in some other app to compare them side-by-side. For example, if I change the radius/smoothing, I cannot compare the results side-by-side to see the effect of the changes.

3. There are some display issues in the resolution downscaling drop-down. Just try to select 25% and then back to 100% and so on.

4. I keep getting a tool-tip in the outputs saying that the brightness levels across images is over xx% even when all shots were in manual mode with exposure locked. This happens more on images taken indoors with LED lights and/or flash.

Will wait for the update...

Re: Some bugs in HF

Posted: 22.03.2015 12:08
by nitinchandra
Hi,

Just registered HF online to check out some files and found that I could no longer drag-n-drop in version 6.3.0. It was functional earlier. Might be something to do with registration or the new security update from Apple. Not sure which, but, drag-n-drop of files does not work currently.

Re: Some bugs in HF

Posted: 22.03.2015 19:08
by pwnell
Yup drag & drop does not work for me either in 6.3.0 - worked fine in 6.2.2. Yosemite.

Re: Some bugs in HF

Posted: 23.03.2015 13:17
by Stas Yatsenko
Thanks! We will check it.

Re: Some bugs in HF

Posted: 30.03.2015 02:58
by nitinchandra
Found another issue. The DNG save does not work in the Mac version. It asks for jpg quality when I select DNG and saves the file as a jpg even if I cancel the quality level dialog.

Re: Some bugs in HF

Posted: 01.04.2015 15:24
by Stas Yatsenko
Thanks!

Re: Some bugs in HF

Posted: 28.04.2015 14:14
by GFS
I can confirm the drag and drop bug. Bit of a pain really.

I was also hoping that saving to the wrong file type (byte order - mac/pc) would be fixed by now too. :( :(