Running Helicon Focus on a linux operating system
Posted: 31.03.2015 17:41
Hi Stas -
Usually I'm groaning about bugs & fixes. This time I have some good news: Helicon Focus can be run in a GNU/linux environment by using Wine, which is a linux application that will run a Windows application without resort to the Windows operating system.
Specifically: I installed Helicon Focus in Trisquel (all open source, no proprietary code ... see http://trisquel.info on the 'Net) using Wine by running "wine HeliconFocus.exe" at the command line in a terminal console. The only glitch was that Wine found that there were six missing DLL files. Once I found those (free, as ZIP files, on the 'Net) extracted them and placed them in the appropriate place (the Wine support forum was a big help) the Wine installation of Helicon Focus proceeded with no further hassles.
The six DLL files are: MSVCP120.dll, MSVCR120.dll, QtCore4.dll, QtXml4.dll, QtGui4.dll, and QtNetwork4.dll.
Usually I'm groaning about bugs & fixes. This time I have some good news: Helicon Focus can be run in a GNU/linux environment by using Wine, which is a linux application that will run a Windows application without resort to the Windows operating system.
Specifically: I installed Helicon Focus in Trisquel (all open source, no proprietary code ... see http://trisquel.info on the 'Net) using Wine by running "wine HeliconFocus.exe" at the command line in a terminal console. The only glitch was that Wine found that there were six missing DLL files. Once I found those (free, as ZIP files, on the 'Net) extracted them and placed them in the appropriate place (the Wine support forum was a big help) the Wine installation of Helicon Focus proceeded with no further hassles.
The six DLL files are: MSVCP120.dll, MSVCR120.dll, QtCore4.dll, QtXml4.dll, QtGui4.dll, and QtNetwork4.dll.