Page 1 of 1

slow focus stacking on network drive

Posted: 17.07.2015 20:49
by cjj2003
Hello, I have found that helicon focus is much slower when operating on a network drive (Windows 7 client accessing a RAID 0 NAS over a gigabit connection via SMB2). Specifically the previews are slow to render (I've tried both helicon 5 and 6). I have no such issues when I use an external drive connected via USB3 although both the USB drive and the NAS show similar performance numbers in terms of file transfer speeds.

Re: slow focus stacking on network drive

Posted: 24.07.2015 16:20
by Stas Yatsenko
I suspect this depends on Windows when working on network drives. We tested with Synology NAS + Windows 7 over 1Gbit network and do not see any delays, even on RAW files (CR2).

Re: slow focus stacking on network drive

Posted: 24.07.2015 22:00
by cjj2003
I actually just upgraded to the synology NAS and it works very fast now.