Page 1 of 1

default file name

Posted: 26.07.2015 10:48
by robneave99
Most times that I save a file I get "Untitled" as a default file name.

Occasionally, say 1 time in 10, I get a name with first slice name, number of slices and parameter values. This is the format I have set up in preferences.

How can I make it work every time?

Re: default file name

Posted: 26.07.2015 12:10
by Stas Yatsenko
What OS version and Helicon Focus version do you have?

Re: default file name

Posted: 26.07.2015 14:26
by robneave99
Stas Thanks for reply

OSX 10.10.3
HF 6.3.5 Pro

Re: default file name

Posted: 26.07.2015 16:47
by macbates
I have the same issue with default file naming, only on HF Pro 6.3.0, OSX 10.10.4. As an FYI, checking for updates with HF Pro (Help->Check for updates...) says that 6.3.0 is the latest version. Clearly not.

- Ken

Re: default file name

Posted: 27.07.2015 02:36
by robneave99
Ken

I suffered that check for updates bug for ages before I got on the website for another reason and found that there was a later version.

Rob

Re: default file name

Posted: 28.07.2015 11:51
by Stas Yatsenko
Thanks, we will check this again.

Re: default file name

Posted: 04.09.2015 10:17
by robneave99
Stas

Any progress on this?

Is this problem unique to Ken and me, or does everyone get it?

My database is filling up with images named "Untitled".

Regards, Rob.

Re: default file name

Posted: 04.09.2015 17:17
by Stas Yatsenko
Please change Helicon Focus menu Edit/Preferences.../General/Save filename template...

Re: default file name

Posted: 05.09.2015 09:15
by robneave99
I did that 6 weeks ago and it did not work - hence my first post on this subject.

My choice of default file name is [SOURCE_FILE_NAME][COUNT][PARAMS].

Today
I have deleted that default name and re-saved it, and
deleted the app and reinstalled from dmg, and
deleted app and dmg, re-downloaded and re-installed the app, and
changed the default name to [DATE][TIME], to see if it performed differently.

I tested each of these cases and none of these actions had any effect - still "Untitled"

Focus version is 6.3.5 Pro
OSX version is 10.10.5

Since I did not have to register my newly downloaded version, I guess that there are some files that did not get caught in the delete. Maybe one is corrupted. Where should I look for them.

Rob

Re: default file name

Posted: 10.09.2015 15:26
by Stas Yatsenko
We can't reproduce the problem so far.
Please download and install this updated Helicon Focus version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_uKrE ... sp=sharing

Run it, go to Preferences -> Tools and press "Wipe settings". Then restart Focus and see if the error still persists.

Re: default file name

Posted: 10.09.2015 15:43
by robneave99
Thank you Stas, that works. :D

Best regards, Rob.