Page 1 of 1

Can't pan to edge when zoomed

Posted: 27.07.2015 10:35
by RzB
Using Windows - Canon 5DIII - Canon Macro 100mm f2.8L IS. Using trial version.

When zoomed to x5 in live view I am unable to pan close to the edge. Is this normal behaviour - and if so why?

If I capture a preview image I am able to pan to the edge - so it's not a show stopper.

Also, I believe there is a 10x zoom on the Android version - but the Windows version is only 5x. Yes?

Thanks,
Roy

Re: Can't pan to edge when zoomed

Posted: 27.07.2015 23:25
by Stas Yatsenko
It is normal. Disconnect the camera body from the PC, turn live view on and try to pan. You won't be able to pan to the very edge just the same, the camera itself forbids it.
There is a number of zoom levels (2 for Canon - 5x and 10x; usually many more than 2 for Nikon cameras). You can switch the zoom level with mouse wheel on Windows, the wheel or the scroll gesture on Mac and with pinch zoom gesture on mobile systems. The click / tap simply switches between no zoom and your last selected zoom level.

Re: Can't pan to edge when zoomed

Posted: 27.07.2015 23:34
by RzB
Ha haa... I didn't know that!

I don't think I have ever zoomed in Live View - in fact I seldom use Live View.

I wonder why they forbid it?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Roy