Page 1 of 1
5DSR problem
Posted: 01.12.2015 22:05
by victorwol
Hi! I just tested the 5DSR for the first time, and I have a problem that I can change the lens to go forward in focus, but the backwards button does nothing at all. Is there a known issue with this camera?
Thanks!
Re: 5DSR problem
Posted: 02.12.2015 14:47
by Stas Yatsenko
No, it's not.
Did you try clearing the camera body settings?
Re: 5DSR problem
Posted: 03.12.2015 03:21
by victorwol
Nope... new camera just out of the box, all by default. Will try with another lens to see if is the specific lens.
I guess the minimum distance in focus change depends on the specific lens? or when you click the arrow to move just one step that is actually the minimum step the lens can do?
Thanks
Re: 5DSR problem
Posted: 03.12.2015 14:30
by Stas Yatsenko
The actual step size depends on the lens, but all the lenses should be able to perform one step. Besides, you said it does go one way, but not the other.
Could you try Canon EOS Utility, see if it has the same problem or not?
Re: 5DSR problem
Posted: 03.12.2015 22:18
by victorwol
My question was oriented more to the how small is the smallest step, because I'm doing a ring, and each step is bigger than the actual usable in focus area. Probably a job for the Stackshot more than to the remote.
Will try the EOS utility and will let you know.
Re: 5DSR problem
Posted: 04.12.2015 15:10
by Stas Yatsenko
The small step is often invisible to a naked eye (a single step, that is).