Auto Adjustments Preference

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
woodyns

Auto Adjustments Preference

Post by woodyns »

Under Preferences, auto adjustment, there are adjustment boxes for vertical/Horizontal, rotation and scaling. There are defaults values there. The question is, how to determine the best values for my stack? Is there a formula or way or I just need to do trial and errors to see best results?
woodyns

Re: Auto Adjustments Preference

Post by woodyns »

I already read this before I posted this message. The link you provided just describe what the settings are without informing how to decide their values. For instance, there are default values set already but it does not explain why these defaults are set to these numbers. How can I determine the %? Like for the depth of field for every lense, you guys have instructions on how to determine the Interval in the settings under DOF. Is there any similar instructions on how to best set the % for the Auto Adjustments?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Auto Adjustments Preference

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You only need to change these values if you see misalignment artifacts in the resulting image. Default values might be insufficient if the images shifted too much (e.g. hand held). In rare cases high values might also cause misalignment, this usually happens with regular patterns.