Lightroom plug-in color profile

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Post Reply
dansroka
Posts: 25
Joined: 21.10.2013 21:41

Lightroom plug-in color profile

Post by dansroka »

I noticed that when using the Lightroom plug-in to send files to Helicon Focus (File > Plug-in Extras > Helicon Focus), the file are converted to the color profile Adobe RGB. Is there a way to change this setting so that it will use ProPhoto RGB?
User avatar
Stas Yatsenko
Posts: 3833
Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
Contact:

Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Not that I know of. If there is a way, it would be through Lightroom settings.
dansroka
Posts: 25
Joined: 21.10.2013 21:41

Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile

Post by dansroka »

Unfortunately the Lightroom preset the Helicon Focus automatically creates cannot be edited.
User avatar
Stas Yatsenko
Posts: 3833
Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
Contact:

Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

The Helicon Focus LR plugin doesn't specify nor manage color profiles in any way, it's entirely up to LR.
dansroka
Posts: 25
Joined: 21.10.2013 21:41

Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile

Post by dansroka »

Curious if there was any change to this.

The Helicon Focus plugin for Lightroom creates an export preset for TIFF that uses the AdobeRGB profile. I would like to change this to ProPhoto (so I don't have to change this each time), but I cannot edit that preset (changes cannot be saved). Any idea why?
dansroka
Posts: 25
Joined: 21.10.2013 21:41

Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile

Post by dansroka »

So I was curious if I could fix this myself. I took a look at the plugin file that Helicon Focus installs (HeliconFocus.lrplugin) for Lightroom. I showed its Package Contents, and in the folder "presets" I found the file for the Lightroom export preset: HeliconFocus.lrtemplate. I then edited that file in a text editor and was able to change export_colorSpace to "ProPhotoRGB". This worked!

Unfortunately, I'll have to remember to update this whenever Helicon Focus is updated.

If possible, I'd like to request that an export preset for ProPhoto TIFFs gets officially added to the plugin.

Thanksm
Dan
dansroka
Posts: 25
Joined: 21.10.2013 21:41

Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile

Post by dansroka »

UPDATE: to have the Lightroom plugin export files using ProPhoto to Helicon Focus, you just need to make your own Export preset in Lightroom, set it to "Export to Helicon Focus", then make your choices in File Settings.
.
Screenshot 2026-10-06 at 3.17.35 PM.png
Screenshot 2026-10-06 at 3.17.35 PM.png (100.37 KiB) Viewed 4 times
Post Reply