H Remote with dark preview
-
silver-fox
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 22.03.2013 13:00
H Remote with dark preview
Using a Canon 7D in Manual mode and a Mac Book Pro with HR and with studio flash. Live view image too dark to see anything at correct aperture for studio flash and cannot set focus points. Open aperture up and more of the subject is visible but still not enough to make accurate focus selection. How can I get a good preview in the Mac screen using the correct aperture set in the camera for studio flash?
- Stas Yatsenko
- Posts: 3833
- Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
- Contact:
Re: H Remote with dark preview
I believe you have live view exposure simulation enabled in the camera body settings. Disable it, that should make LV brighter (you may need to use DOF preview checkbox to see the actual DOF after you switch simulation off). If that is still not enough, then there's nothing to do but add more light on the subject during setup.
-
silver-fox
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 22.03.2013 13:00
Re: H Remote with dark preview
Thank you - that did the trick and increasing the modelling light brightness gives a great image. 
Re: H Remote with dark preview
I had the same problem with my Nikon D7000 initially, but it disappeared when I reset all camera settings. As I don't believe I have ever changed any settings for the live-view mode (my eyes can't focus that close to use live view much), it must have been a default setting.