I can see the camera with Nikon's android software, another remote tethering software for android, but when I try to connect to it with HR for android the camera doesn't show up.
I'm thinking it might be a port issue? I have no idea what port to enter in on the software.
I'm trying to connect to 192.168.1.1
Have used both auto and Nikon WT options.
Any help would be great.
PS there isn't a lot of info on where to find the settings, BTW. it might be better to include this in the settings section rather than in tools?
Can't see D7100 with WU-1A
- Stas Yatsenko
- Posts: 3833
- Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
- Contact:
Re: Can't see D7100 with WU-1A
Someone reported that D7100 and WU-1A work, so I believe the port is the same as for Nikon WT. Are you sure your camera's address is 192.168.1.1? Is the Android device in the same network? I. e., is its address 192.168.1.x?
Re: Can't see D7100 with WU-1A
That's part of the issue, maybe? the WT is a client of an existing network, where the WU's are a hot spot the tablet has to make a connection to. Once you are attached to it's network you have a connection to the camera.
What port is needed to control the camera with the WT?
What port is needed to control the camera with the WT?
Re: Can't see D7100 with WU-1A
With my D600 an Wu-1b, I completely ignored the WT part. I did not set any Nikon profile. Just add the IP address
- Stas Yatsenko
- Posts: 3833
- Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
- Contact:
Re: Can't see D7100 with WU-1A
It doesn't matter which device is a hotspot as long as the network is functioning normally.
The port number is 15740, just select Nikon WT for type and it will be set automatically.
The port number is 15740, just select Nikon WT for type and it will be set automatically.
Re: Can't see D7100 with WU-1A
Was finally able to get it running. Had to open DSLRDashboard on the tablet and let it attach to the camera, then exit that app and go back into Helicon Remote. Some reason that doesn't make a lot of sense. And this isn't 100% of the time, either.
When I get more time I'll do more testing on it.
Mike
When I get more time I'll do more testing on it.
Mike
- Stas Yatsenko
- Posts: 3833
- Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
- Contact:
Re: Can't see D7100 with WU-1A
Could you please reproduce failure to connect with Remote (without Dashboard) and send us a bug report (menu -> Feedback -> Report a bug)?
Re: Can't see D7100 with WU-1A
Ok, this is what I'm doing:
The WU-1A is a non-internet capable hotspot. In order to use it I have to disconnect the WiFi on my tablet (Asus TF700T) from the internet connection in my office or home and connect to the camera. It has a DHCP server built in, I guess, because the tablet is assigned an IP of 192.168.1.2. When I look at the specifics of the connection I have a default gateway of 192.168.1.1 which is the IP of the camera with the WU-1A connected and running.
When I try to connect to the camera from the [Exposure tab - Select a camera] I see the camera I set up from within [Tools - Network cameras] with an IP of 192.168.1.1 with the Nikon WT settings selected.
After a few seconds of the icon for the camera spinning, I get a pop up error message saying:
Error
A network device with the specified address is not found. Check that it's powered on and its network address in Helicon Remote is correct (Tools -> Network cameras).
Just now in trying it again for the 4th or 5th time I got a connection, which worked for a few minutes then dropped. I tried right away again and errored, then it finally connected and has been connected for about 5 minutes no problems. I'm not sure why sometimes it's working and other times it's not...
I just had a thought, though, any idea what 2.4Ghz channel the WU-1A uses? is it possible there is interference with the router's channel affecting the connection?
The WU-1A is a non-internet capable hotspot. In order to use it I have to disconnect the WiFi on my tablet (Asus TF700T) from the internet connection in my office or home and connect to the camera. It has a DHCP server built in, I guess, because the tablet is assigned an IP of 192.168.1.2. When I look at the specifics of the connection I have a default gateway of 192.168.1.1 which is the IP of the camera with the WU-1A connected and running.
When I try to connect to the camera from the [Exposure tab - Select a camera] I see the camera I set up from within [Tools - Network cameras] with an IP of 192.168.1.1 with the Nikon WT settings selected.
After a few seconds of the icon for the camera spinning, I get a pop up error message saying:
Error
A network device with the specified address is not found. Check that it's powered on and its network address in Helicon Remote is correct (Tools -> Network cameras).
Just now in trying it again for the 4th or 5th time I got a connection, which worked for a few minutes then dropped. I tried right away again and errored, then it finally connected and has been connected for about 5 minutes no problems. I'm not sure why sometimes it's working and other times it's not...
I just had a thought, though, any idea what 2.4Ghz channel the WU-1A uses? is it possible there is interference with the router's channel affecting the connection?
- Stas Yatsenko
- Posts: 3833
- Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
- Contact:
Re: Can't see D7100 with WU-1A
If it's interference then any app would suffer it, which doesn't seem to be the case. I'd still like to see what Remote writes into its log when errors occur, although it's a bit tricky on Android given that you don't have internet connection when connecting to the camera. Can you try the same on Mac or Windows?