Hi:
If it's possible, I would definitely be interested in contributing to the beta testing of Helicon Remote for the Mac. I have a Nikon D300.
Herman Rodriguez
Mac Beta
- Stas Yatsenko
- Posts: 3833
- Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
- Contact:
Re: Mac Beta
Herman,
Thanks, we will add you to the beta testers list. We are now testing mac version internally and want to fix some critical bugs before sending to beta testers.
Thanks, we will add you to the beta testers list. We are now testing mac version internally and want to fix some critical bugs before sending to beta testers.
Re: Mac Beta
I have purchased the HF for windows and am using it on my sony vaio but I realise the potential for this and would love to be able to use the Helicon remote in the field while taking shots of insects and wildlife. I realsie that taking the vaio is really a bit of a pain and the glare of the sunlight doesnt help much, so a thought occurred, if i get an iPad perhaps it would really be great. So am I correct in thinking that its the MAC version of the Helicon remote I need and so for that I am waiting that it comes out?
I am really waiting to hear about this update so I can go and get an iPad. Finally i have a good reason to buy an iPad
If you could let me know any updates on thsi I would really appreciate.
Thanks
Amin
I am really waiting to hear about this update so I can go and get an iPad. Finally i have a good reason to buy an iPad
If you could let me know any updates on thsi I would really appreciate.
Thanks
Amin
- Stas Yatsenko
- Posts: 3833
- Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
- Contact:
Re: Mac Beta
Amin,
We are limited by Canon and Nikon SDK. They are released for Mac OS and no support for iPad so far. The only solution for the field so far is net book with 12 inch screen and Windows support.
We are limited by Canon and Nikon SDK. They are released for Mac OS and no support for iPad so far. The only solution for the field so far is net book with 12 inch screen and Windows support.
Re: Mac Beta
Thanks for that StasStas Yatsenko wrote:Amin,
We are limited by Canon and Nikon SDK. They are released for Mac OS and no support for iPad so far. The only solution for the field so far is net book with 12 inch screen and Windows support.
I have a 5 year old Sony Vaio VGN-TX1XP which has a stunning slim screen, tried a couple of times outside but didnt insist a lot, seems that the glare of the sunlight is a bit of a problem, but by far the problem is as a laptop it gets a bit tricky holding it while trying to snap some macro. Ideally somthing like a pad type structure would be really ideal. Something like a tablet may be? I am not too updated on what is out there laptop or tablet wise, but will make a quick search. So we need Windows platform then, its clear, and for convenience if anyone has any idea something light and versatile that could let me hold it in one hand while I struggle with a 7D and 180mm Canon macro lens
Will let you know how things work out.
Thanks
Amin
- Stas Yatsenko
- Posts: 3833
- Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
- Contact:
Re: Mac Beta
Amin,
That is a good idea to try with tablet PC. Theoretically it should work very well. Especially if you find a way to fix the tablet on the tripod together with the camera so that it works as an external LCD.
That is a good idea to try with tablet PC. Theoretically it should work very well. Especially if you find a way to fix the tablet on the tripod together with the camera so that it works as an external LCD.