Page 1 of 2

HF6 keeps on crashing on new Mac Pro

Posted: 22.02.2014 01:53
by pwnell
I just got a new 6 core Mac Pro 2013 and Helicon Focus keeps on crashing after rendering a stack of 39 16-bit TIFF files in Method 4 with everything set to defaults.

This used to work fine on my MacBook Pro Retina 15".

Code: Select all

Process:         HeliconFocus [2410]
Path:            /Applications/HeliconFocus.app/Contents/MacOS/HeliconFocus
Identifier:      com.heliconsoft.HeliconFocus
Version:         ???
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [207]
Responsible:     HeliconFocus [2410]
User ID:         502

Date/Time:       2014-02-21 15:51:44.388 -0800
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.9.1 (13B4116)
Report Version:  11
Anonymous UUID:  159231C1-6731-A25F-5E04-A5EEE0F7E68D


Crashed Thread:  2  TaskContainer

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
terminating with uncaught exception of type ImageFileException
abort() called

Thread 2 Crashed:: TaskContainer
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib        	0x00007fff873dc866 __pthread_kill + 10
1   libsystem_pthread.dylib       	0x00007fff8a29d35c pthread_kill + 92
2   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x00007fff93f62bba abort + 125
3   libc++abi.dylib               	0x00007fff8abaf141 abort_message + 257
4   libc++abi.dylib               	0x00007fff8abd4abc default_terminate_handler() + 264
5   libobjc.A.dylib               	0x00007fff938d3322 _objc_terminate() + 124
6   libc++abi.dylib               	0x00007fff8abd23e1 std::__terminate(void (*)()) + 8
7   libc++abi.dylib               	0x00007fff8abd1e6b __cxa_throw + 124
8   com.heliconsoft.HeliconFocus  	0x00000001000f1669 BasicImageSaver::save(char const*, HLImage*, ImageFileProgressListener*) + 1529
9   com.heliconsoft.HeliconFocus  	0x0000000100019e6c ImagesCache::saveImage(HLImage*, QString const&, ImageSaver::FileFormat, ProgressObserver*) + 156
10  com.heliconsoft.HeliconFocus  	0x000000010001a489 ImagesCache::saveCacheImage(HLImage*, HLColorProfile const&, bool, ProgressObserver*, QString const&) + 393
11  com.heliconsoft.HeliconFocus  	0x000000010000652d FocusTask::saveCaches(ImagesCache*, ProgressObserver*) + 93
12  com.heliconsoft.HeliconFocus  	0x0000000100055925 TaskContainer::compileTask(Task*) + 2181
13  com.heliconsoft.HeliconFocus  	0x0000000100054533 TaskContainer::run() + 243
14  QtCore                        	0x00000001007c86d4 QThread::setPriority(QThread::Priority) + 820
15  libsystem_pthread.dylib       	0x00007fff8a29c899 _pthread_body + 138
16  libsystem_pthread.dylib       	0x00007fff8a29c72a _pthread_start + 137
17  libsystem_pthread.dylib       	0x00007fff8a2a0fc9 thread_start + 13


Re: HF6 keeps on crashing on new Mac Pro

Posted: 24.02.2014 15:56
by Stas Yatsenko
What Helicon Focus version do you have?

Re: HF6 keeps on crashing on new Mac Pro

Posted: 24.02.2014 19:12
by pwnell
The latest beta from your site. I fixed it by deleting my helicon focus preferences file - seems like using migration assistant to transfer the data from my previous mac messed something up, once the preference file was deleted helicon focus just started working again.

Re: HF6 keeps on crashing on new Mac Pro

Posted: 18.05.2014 15:41
by russjb
I have the same problem. How do you find and delete the preferences file?
(Also, Stas, if you're reading this, our old issue is still unresolved!)
Thanks

Re: HF6 keeps on crashing on new Mac Pro

Posted: 18.05.2014 18:51
by pwnell
I moved all files in ~/Library/Preferences/com.helicon* to the trash.

Re: HF6 keeps on crashing on new Mac Pro

Posted: 19.05.2014 13:14
by russjb
Hmm. Done that now but still crashing.. :(
Any more suggestions?

Stas?

Re: HF6 keeps on crashing on new Mac Pro

Posted: 19.05.2014 13:28
by Stas Yatsenko
Please contact us via [email protected]

Re: HF6 keeps on crashing on new Mac Pro

Posted: 26.05.2014 02:47
by russjb
Just to follow-up, I finally found the *hidden* Preferences folder and deleted the prefs files, which did fix the problem.
Thanks all for the help. :D

Re: HF6 keeps on crashing on new Mac Pro

Posted: 19.07.2014 17:13
by GFS
I'm using Helicon 6.2, having not used it at all since 6.0.18.

I'm getting constant crashes when doing several Renders of the same set of Tiff files (around 30).

Sound like I should be deleting this preference file too?

Re: HF6 keeps on crashing on new Mac Pro

Posted: 19.07.2014 18:07
by GFS
Trashed prefs + everything I could find in Application Support and restarted. Still crashing.

(attached crash report)

Re: HF6 keeps on crashing on new Mac Pro

Posted: 19.07.2014 19:31
by pwnell
I went back to 6.0. It is the only one that does not crash for me on Mac Pro after trashing my preferences. Every single release since crashes. I might get one render off, but the second stack will cause a crash.

Re: HF6 keeps on crashing on new Mac Pro

Posted: 20.07.2014 00:45
by russjb
The Prefs folder, I found out, is hidden by default in Mavericks.
Make sure you find it by opening a Finder window, then clicking Go>Go to Folder, then in the dialogue, enter ~/Library/Preferences and delete any Helicon entries that you find there.

Re: HF6 keeps on crashing on new Mac Pro

Posted: 20.07.2014 01:54
by pwnell
Makes no difference - it still crashes. And I deleted it from the Terminal so nothing was hidden.

Re: HF6 keeps on crashing on new Mac Pro

Posted: 20.07.2014 11:07
by GFS
Seems like it may be a memory issue. I get about 4 or 5 goes at different settings, then it crashes (unexpected quit).

Re: HF6 keeps on crashing on new Mac Pro

Posted: 20.07.2014 19:17
by pwnell
Could be. Though I have 64GB and it crashes between the second and third attempts usually.