Page 1 of 1
Lightroom plug-in color profile
Posted: 29.07.2016 18:14
by dansroka
I noticed that when using the Lightroom plug-in to send files to Helicon Focus (File > Plug-in Extras > Helicon Focus), the file are converted to the color profile Adobe RGB. Is there a way to change this setting so that it will use ProPhoto RGB?
Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile
Posted: 01.08.2016 11:20
by Stas Yatsenko
Not that I know of. If there is a way, it would be through Lightroom settings.
Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile
Posted: 05.08.2016 17:43
by dansroka
Unfortunately the Lightroom preset the Helicon Focus automatically creates cannot be edited.
Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile
Posted: 08.08.2016 13:04
by Stas Yatsenko
The Helicon Focus LR plugin doesn't specify nor manage color profiles in any way, it's entirely up to LR.
Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile
Posted: 12.03.2026 19:02
by dansroka
Curious if there was any change to this.
The Helicon Focus plugin for Lightroom creates an export preset for TIFF that uses the AdobeRGB profile. I would like to change this to ProPhoto (so I don't have to change this each time), but I cannot edit that preset (changes cannot be saved). Any idea why?
Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile
Posted: 12.03.2026 19:15
by dansroka
So I was curious if I could fix this myself. I took a look at the plugin file that Helicon Focus installs (HeliconFocus.lrplugin) for Lightroom. I showed its Package Contents, and in the folder "presets" I found the file for the Lightroom export preset: HeliconFocus.lrtemplate. I then edited that file in a text editor and was able to change export_colorSpace to "ProPhotoRGB". This worked!
Unfortunately, I'll have to remember to update this whenever Helicon Focus is updated.
If possible, I'd like to request that an export preset for ProPhoto TIFFs gets officially added to the plugin.
Thanksm
Dan
Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile
Posted: 06.10.2026 22:21
by dansroka
UPDATE: to have the Lightroom plugin export files using ProPhoto to Helicon Focus, you just need to make your own Export preset in Lightroom, set it to "Export to Helicon Focus", then make your choices in File Settings.
.

- Screenshot 2026-10-06 at 3.17.35 PM.png (100.37 KiB) Viewed 9 times