Landscape Photography
-
bdsmalleyphoto
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 18.04.2012 07:47
Landscape Photography
Can Helicon Remote be successfully used for landscape photography or is it geared only toward macro photography?
- Stas Yatsenko
- Posts: 3833
- Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
- Contact:
Re: Landscape Photography
Helicon Remote can be used for landscape photography too. Although landscape shots only require 2 or 3 images to cover full depth of field and these shots can be made by manually rotating focusing ring.
Helicon Remote can also be used for HDR, time lapse and soon for panorama shooting and geotagging (Android version).
Helicon Remote can also be used for HDR, time lapse and soon for panorama shooting and geotagging (Android version).
Re: Landscape Photography
Hmm - I did not have very much success with this.
I was hoping that I could get some flora in the foreground and the landscape in the background both in focus.
I just used 2 shots - but it really didn't work. Not surprising really as I think Helicon had to make up quite a bit of information that it probably didn't have.
Have other had success with this? Is there some trick that I'm missing?
NB - I'm a real novice when it comes to Helicon!
RzB
I was hoping that I could get some flora in the foreground and the landscape in the background both in focus.
I just used 2 shots - but it really didn't work. Not surprising really as I think Helicon had to make up quite a bit of information that it probably didn't have.
Have other had success with this? Is there some trick that I'm missing?
NB - I'm a real novice when it comes to Helicon!
RzB
- Stas Yatsenko
- Posts: 3833
- Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
- Contact:
Re: Landscape Photography
Foreground object may mask the background when it comes out of focus. This is optical effect and the only way to minize it is to use smaller aperture (f16). Even with F16 you will need several shots to cover DOF from macro to infinity.
Re: Landscape Photography
Yes - I guess it also doesn't help if the foreground plants are moving slightly in the breeze!Stas Yatsenko wrote:Foreground object may mask the background when it comes out of focus. This is optical effect and the only way to minize it is to use smaller aperture (f16). Even with F16 you will need several shots to cover DOF from macro to infinity.
- Stas Yatsenko
- Posts: 3833
- Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
- Contact:
Re: Landscape Photography
Yes, shooting moving objects is a big problem. One possible solution is to shoot several images for each layer and then remove moving objects from each layer before processing in Helicon Focus. I did not used this technique though, it is just a thought.