Hi There,
Is the Remote Helicon is compatible with the new Canon 5D markIII ?
Thanks
Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
- Stas Yatsenko
- Posts: 3833
- Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
- Contact:
Re: Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
We have no confirmation from our users about compatibility with 5d3 yet. Still there are good chances it is. You are welcome to download the program and test it yourself.
Re: Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
It seems to be working for me - I'm only using the trial version at the moment.
I have done very little testing but it seems OK after an initial glitch where the "small" focussing steps were not working correctly.
Restarting seems to have fixed that.
Using Win 7 64bit.
RzB
I have done very little testing but it seems OK after an initial glitch where the "small" focussing steps were not working correctly.
Restarting seems to have fixed that.
Using Win 7 64bit.
RzB
Re: Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
Using Windows 7 64bit - Canon 5D MkIII & 7D - Helicon Remote 2.4.4
System i7 930, 12G Ram, 128 SSD System drive.
Ahh... I seem to have spoken too soon
I am unable to switch off Live View.
Also, when I close the window Helicon Remote hangs and doesn't close.
I have tested on the 7D and it works OK, so it looks like a 5D MkIII problem.
RzB
System i7 930, 12G Ram, 128 SSD System drive.
Ahh... I seem to have spoken too soon
I am unable to switch off Live View.
Also, when I close the window Helicon Remote hangs and doesn't close.
I have tested on the 7D and it works OK, so it looks like a 5D MkIII problem.
RzB
- Stas Yatsenko
- Posts: 3833
- Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
- Contact:
Re: Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
Hang upon exit is a known problem, we're working on it. One way to avoid it is turn camera off first and then exit Remote.
As for the problem switching live view off - please reproduce it and send a bug report from within Remote.
As for the problem switching live view off - please reproduce it and send a bug report from within Remote.
Re: Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
OK - will send something later this evening.
RzB
RzB
Re: Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
Failed! Apologies - a bit busy. I'll try again this evening....RzB wrote:OK - will send something later this evening.
RzB
Re: Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
OK - Done - Bug report winging it's way to you.RzB wrote:Failed! Apologies - a bit busy. I'll try again this evening....RzB wrote:OK - will send something later this evening.
RzB
One thing I forgot to add was camera firmware version - it's 1.0.7 - which is not the latest version I now realise.
I'll update and try again but it will be a while because I'm just about to reinstall windows on my main machine:-(
RzB
- Stas Yatsenko
- Posts: 3833
- Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
- Contact:
Re: Compatibility with the Canon 5D MarkIII
We are investigating this problem, but we don't have a fix yet.