Video recording with Nikon

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Post Reply
mrose
Posts: 69
Joined: 02.04.2014 17:50

Video recording with Nikon

Post by mrose »

I was trying to use Remote to record video. It worked fine on Windows but not with Android. Now I have discovered a note for the app 4.3.1 download "Issues with Nikon cameras fixed, but video recording with Nikon is temporarily impossible".
Is there any plan to fix this issue please as it used to work.
For now I will probably have to use an app like qDslrDashboard for this function.
User avatar
Catherine
Posts: 1857
Joined: 29.04.2019 23:38

Re: Video recording with Nikon

Post by Catherine »

What's the model of your Nikon camera?
mrose
Posts: 69
Joined: 02.04.2014 17:50

Re: Video recording with Nikon

Post by mrose »

Catherine, it is a D750. i know this will not allow recording video over WiFi commands but I am using it tethered to Android.
Your Play Store download page does state "Issues with Nikon cameras fixed, but video recording with Nikon is temporarily impossible".
User avatar
Catherine
Posts: 1857
Joined: 29.04.2019 23:38

Re: Video recording with Nikon

Post by Catherine »

Yes, there is that problem, unfortunately. But luckily your camera is a DSLR, so please use the older version that might work (you will need to install it manually).
mrose
Posts: 69
Joined: 02.04.2014 17:50

Re: Video recording with Nikon

Post by mrose »

Catherine, I tried that version (3.9.11) after uninstalling the 4.3.1 version but it would not connect to the camera no matter what I tried.
Then I updated to 4.3.1 and it connected straight away.
Is there a technical problem with getting the Nikon Video Recording to work again on the latest version?
User avatar
Catherine
Posts: 1857
Joined: 29.04.2019 23:38

Re: Video recording with Nikon

Post by Catherine »

Yes, of course there is a technical problem on Android, it's not like we just decided to remove this feature. And we can't figure out why it happens and how to fix it. One thing you can do is send us a bug report from the older version when it doesn't detect the camera, we'll see if it's something that can be fixed.
mrose
Posts: 69
Joined: 02.04.2014 17:50

Re: Video recording with Nikon

Post by mrose »

Thank you, I have sent a bug report.
mrose
Posts: 69
Joined: 02.04.2014 17:50

Re: Video recording with Nikon

Post by mrose »

It turns out that the problem with Remote v3.9.11 is that it is not compatible with Android 13. I tried on my old discarded Galaxy tablet running Android 6.0.1 and everything worked fine. So there's a possible solution. C'est la vie.
Post Reply