I was trying to use Remote to record video. It worked fine on Windows but not with Android. Now I have discovered a note for the app 4.3.1 download "Issues with Nikon cameras fixed, but video recording with Nikon is temporarily impossible".
Is there any plan to fix this issue please as it used to work.
For now I will probably have to use an app like qDslrDashboard for this function.
Video recording with Nikon
Re: Video recording with Nikon
What's the model of your Nikon camera?
Re: Video recording with Nikon
Catherine, it is a D750. i know this will not allow recording video over WiFi commands but I am using it tethered to Android.
Your Play Store download page does state "Issues with Nikon cameras fixed, but video recording with Nikon is temporarily impossible".
Your Play Store download page does state "Issues with Nikon cameras fixed, but video recording with Nikon is temporarily impossible".
Re: Video recording with Nikon
Yes, there is that problem, unfortunately. But luckily your camera is a DSLR, so please use the older version that might work (you will need to install it manually).
Re: Video recording with Nikon
Catherine, I tried that version (3.9.11) after uninstalling the 4.3.1 version but it would not connect to the camera no matter what I tried.
Then I updated to 4.3.1 and it connected straight away.
Is there a technical problem with getting the Nikon Video Recording to work again on the latest version?
Then I updated to 4.3.1 and it connected straight away.
Is there a technical problem with getting the Nikon Video Recording to work again on the latest version?
Re: Video recording with Nikon
Yes, of course there is a technical problem on Android, it's not like we just decided to remove this feature. And we can't figure out why it happens and how to fix it. One thing you can do is send us a bug report from the older version when it doesn't detect the camera, we'll see if it's something that can be fixed.
Re: Video recording with Nikon
Thank you, I have sent a bug report.
Re: Video recording with Nikon
It turns out that the problem with Remote v3.9.11 is that it is not compatible with Android 13. I tried on my old discarded Galaxy tablet running Android 6.0.1 and everything worked fine. So there's a possible solution. C'est la vie.