Lightroom plug-in color profile
Lightroom plug-in color profile
I noticed that when using the Lightroom plug-in to send files to Helicon Focus (File > Plug-in Extras > Helicon Focus), the file are converted to the color profile Adobe RGB. Is there a way to change this setting so that it will use ProPhoto RGB?
- Stas Yatsenko
- Posts: 3833
- Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
- Contact:
Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile
Not that I know of. If there is a way, it would be through Lightroom settings.
Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile
Unfortunately the Lightroom preset the Helicon Focus automatically creates cannot be edited.
- Stas Yatsenko
- Posts: 3833
- Joined: 06.05.2009 15:05
- Contact:
Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile
The Helicon Focus LR plugin doesn't specify nor manage color profiles in any way, it's entirely up to LR.
Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile
Curious if there was any change to this.
The Helicon Focus plugin for Lightroom creates an export preset for TIFF that uses the AdobeRGB profile. I would like to change this to ProPhoto (so I don't have to change this each time), but I cannot edit that preset (changes cannot be saved). Any idea why?
The Helicon Focus plugin for Lightroom creates an export preset for TIFF that uses the AdobeRGB profile. I would like to change this to ProPhoto (so I don't have to change this each time), but I cannot edit that preset (changes cannot be saved). Any idea why?
Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile
So I was curious if I could fix this myself. I took a look at the plugin file that Helicon Focus installs (HeliconFocus.lrplugin) for Lightroom. I showed its Package Contents, and in the folder "presets" I found the file for the Lightroom export preset: HeliconFocus.lrtemplate. I then edited that file in a text editor and was able to change export_colorSpace to "ProPhotoRGB". This worked!
Unfortunately, I'll have to remember to update this whenever Helicon Focus is updated.
If possible, I'd like to request that an export preset for ProPhoto TIFFs gets officially added to the plugin.
Thanksm
Dan
Unfortunately, I'll have to remember to update this whenever Helicon Focus is updated.
If possible, I'd like to request that an export preset for ProPhoto TIFFs gets officially added to the plugin.
Thanksm
Dan
Re: Lightroom plug-in color profile
UPDATE: to have the Lightroom plugin export files using ProPhoto to Helicon Focus, you just need to make your own Export preset in Lightroom, set it to "Export to Helicon Focus", then make your choices in File Settings.
.
.