Search found 45 matches
- 15.05.2010 04:54
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Micro
- Topic: Vorticella at 400x 3D
- Replies: 2
- Views: 41917
Vorticella at 400x 3D
Celestron recently released a very inexpensive ($49.95) digital microscope camera that captures video at 640x480 and stills a 2mpx. Here is an image captured with that low cost camera using a Premiere MRP-5000 microscope. It's the first time that I'd tried using helicon Focus with this new camera. I ...
- 22.05.2008 01:10
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: How to best set the camera ?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 7978
Re: How to best set the camera ?
Both methods work. It simply depends on your camera and your ability to judge the focal planes.
With the Canon XTi 400D, I used a rail because I could count the turns of the rail movement mechanism to ensure equal distribution of focus planes. That was primarily because my eyesight, in the smaller ...
With the Canon XTi 400D, I used a rail because I could count the turns of the rail movement mechanism to ensure equal distribution of focus planes. That was primarily because my eyesight, in the smaller ...
- 11.05.2008 07:17
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Blow Fly (Calliphora sp.)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 15410
- 09.05.2008 02:49
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Helicon Focus, is there a "best choice" for f/stop
- Replies: 2
- Views: 9093
Re: Helicon Focus, is there a "best choice" for f/
Macro work with a Canon 5D and 100mm macro, if I had to pick one f/stop that generally gives best-results with flower closeups, f/8 would be it. Zone of focus obviously is limited, but equally important is the out-of-focus background... that renders silky-soft at f/8 - and makes the subject really ...
- 05.05.2008 22:51
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: How to use with Canon 100mm macro and/or MP-E 65???
- Replies: 7
- Views: 16996
Re: How to use with Canon 100mm macro and/or MP-E 65???
Bought it (Halicon Focus) but haven't tried it yet. With a zoom or "regular" lens, the subject would remain the same "size" as you change focus, but with a fixed macro or MPE 65 lens, as you change focus the "size" of the subject changes. Do you use a focusing rail to move the camera and lens (and ...
- 21.06.2007 06:52
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Thanks again for a great product
- Replies: 0
- Views: 10012
Thanks again for a great product
I had occasion to use Helicon Focus again to shoot some products and some microphotographs analyzing some materials.
I love the new interface and the movie mode. Thanks again, for a great product. At some point I will be able to share some of the images. But, for now, all I can do is to give credit ...
I love the new interface and the movie mode. Thanks again, for a great product. At some point I will be able to share some of the images. But, for now, all I can do is to give credit ...
- 21.11.2006 23:34
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Micro
- Topic: Green metallic Halictid bee
- Replies: 10
- Views: 40933
- 08.11.2006 22:35
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Micro
- Topic: Found an excellent Micrsocope to Camera Adapter
- Replies: 2
- Views: 12026
Found an excellent Micrsocope to Camera Adapter
I just purchased an adapter from www.omextech.com. It's called the Digi-Mic Adapter (DMA-2 for my camera) and replaces the eyepiece of the microscope.
So, far, I've been very pleased. I bought the adapter, which fits microscopes with 23mm eyepieces and the 30mm sleeve to use with my stereo ...
So, far, I've been very pleased. I bought the adapter, which fits microscopes with 23mm eyepieces and the 30mm sleeve to use with my stereo ...
- 01.11.2006 22:07
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Micro
- Topic: Green metallic Halictid bee
- Replies: 10
- Views: 40933
I think lightening is the second most important point after camera choise.
Do you use LEDs? I've heard some microscopists use fibre to deliver light right to the subject
I'll be experimenting with LEDs, Macro Flash units and continuous lighting... usually in some combination. Since I'm working in ...
Do you use LEDs? I've heard some microscopists use fibre to deliver light right to the subject
I'll be experimenting with LEDs, Macro Flash units and continuous lighting... usually in some combination. Since I'm working in ...
- 31.10.2006 05:50
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Micro
- Topic: Green metallic Halictid bee
- Replies: 10
- Views: 40933
- 30.10.2006 00:32
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Micro
- Topic: Green metallic Halictid bee
- Replies: 10
- Views: 40933
- 23.10.2006 05:12
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Manfrotto focus rail
- Replies: 2
- Views: 11447
Focus Rail and lighting
it looks like the lightening was changed too....
The difference is too noticable, especially reflections round hairs
I also noticed this in my initial tests using a ring flash and a focus rail. Each turn puts not only the camera; but, the light closer to the subject. I then purchased a duel ...
The difference is too noticable, especially reflections round hairs
I also noticed this in my initial tests using a ring flash and a focus rail. Each turn puts not only the camera; but, the light closer to the subject. I then purchased a duel ...
- 29.09.2006 05:57
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Accurate slicing
- Replies: 8
- Views: 46462
Almost ready for serious testing
Thanks for the additional information. That's adds a lot for when I'm fully set up to begin developing a workflow. I've built a custom shooting table; but, I still need to take delivery on the Zigview and still need to pick up a Manfrotto Junior geared head.
I'd planned to buy the geared head for ...
I'd planned to buy the geared head for ...
- 28.09.2006 19:02
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Accurate slicing
- Replies: 8
- Views: 46462
This has been useful
Dan,
IS there a 'sweet spot' when it comes to a percentage of overlap of DOF that HeliconFocus likes? The 25% seems reasonable; but, do the developers have a particular preference.
This is where have a camera having the ability to do a live view into a larger screen monitor can be a great help. If ...
IS there a 'sweet spot' when it comes to a percentage of overlap of DOF that HeliconFocus likes? The 25% seems reasonable; but, do the developers have a particular preference.
This is where have a camera having the ability to do a live view into a larger screen monitor can be a great help. If ...
- 26.09.2006 00:39
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Would be very interested in 'movie' mode
- Replies: 6
- Views: 15199
That's wonderful!
WOW!
Done!
THANKS!!!
This is a great tool!
Done!
THANKS!!!
This is a great tool!