Search found 69 matches
- 03.05.2024 13:46
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: Nikon D7100 autofocus not working
- Replies: 5
- Views: 23395
Re: Nikon D7100 autofocus not working
Unfortunately there is a long history on this forum of problems when using the Tamron 90mm with Remote, going back at least 9 years. I have the f004 version which has always worked for me with the D610 and D750, although someone said that the f017 version also worked for him. If you do a search for ...
- 23.11.2023 17:55
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: Version 4.4.4 PB stacking (Trinamic, Nikon 7100)
- Replies: 3
- Views: 23145
Re: Version 4.4.4 PB stacking (Trinamic, Nikon 7100)
Catherine, I think making older versions easily available wouldn't clutter up the download page as just one link is required and could make life easier. Another photo software I use has this link under their curent version:
"Older Downloads (click to view)"
"Older Downloads (click to view)"
- 12.05.2023 16:32
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: Wireless Remote on Nikon D750
- Replies: 3
- Views: 11345
Re: Wireless Remote on Nikon D750
Hope the foll. helps:
The last D750 firmware update in 2021 was C: Ver 1.1.5.
When you turn "Network Communication" to "on" your device should see "Nikon WU2_ ...." to connect to.
Sometimes I have to "Reset" in "Network Settings" for this to happen.
The D750 won't remember the settings once switched ...
The last D750 firmware update in 2021 was C: Ver 1.1.5.
When you turn "Network Communication" to "on" your device should see "Nikon WU2_ ...." to connect to.
Sometimes I have to "Reset" in "Network Settings" for this to happen.
The D750 won't remember the settings once switched ...
- 22.04.2023 18:15
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: Video recording with Nikon
- Replies: 7
- Views: 14570
Re: Video recording with Nikon
It turns out that the problem with Remote v3.9.11 is that it is not compatible with Android 13. I tried on my old discarded Galaxy tablet running Android 6.0.1 and everything worked fine. So there's a possible solution. C'est la vie.
- 21.04.2023 17:35
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: Video recording with Nikon
- Replies: 7
- Views: 14570
Re: Video recording with Nikon
Thank you, I have sent a bug report.
- 21.04.2023 13:55
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: Video recording with Nikon
- Replies: 7
- Views: 14570
Re: Video recording with Nikon
Catherine, I tried that version (3.9.11) after uninstalling the 4.3.1 version but it would not connect to the camera no matter what I tried.
Then I updated to 4.3.1 and it connected straight away.
Is there a technical problem with getting the Nikon Video Recording to work again on the latest version?
Then I updated to 4.3.1 and it connected straight away.
Is there a technical problem with getting the Nikon Video Recording to work again on the latest version?
- 19.04.2023 15:59
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: Video recording with Nikon
- Replies: 7
- Views: 14570
Re: Video recording with Nikon
Catherine, it is a D750. i know this will not allow recording video over WiFi commands but I am using it tethered to Android.
Your Play Store download page does state "Issues with Nikon cameras fixed, but video recording with Nikon is temporarily impossible".
Your Play Store download page does state "Issues with Nikon cameras fixed, but video recording with Nikon is temporarily impossible".
- 18.04.2023 15:11
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: Video recording with Nikon
- Replies: 7
- Views: 14570
Video recording with Nikon
I was trying to use Remote to record video. It worked fine on Windows but not with Android. Now I have discovered a note for the app 4.3.1 download "Issues with Nikon cameras fixed, but video recording with Nikon is temporarily impossible".
Is there any plan to fix this issue please as it used to ...
Is there any plan to fix this issue please as it used to ...
- 19.04.2021 15:17
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: USB C OTG Cables
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4104
USB C OTG Cables
A word of warning when buying OTG cables.
I bought a cheap cable for my new Samsung phone and Remote was very jerky. I then bought a more expensive UGreen cable and all works perfectly now. Not sure what the difference between them is though.
I bought a cheap cable for my new Samsung phone and Remote was very jerky. I then bought a more expensive UGreen cable and all works perfectly now. Not sure what the difference between them is though.
- 06.04.2021 14:35
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: All images focused to the same point
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4402
Re: All images focused to the same point
If you go to "help" in the program/app you will get the complete instructions. They are very comprehensive. As has been pointed out by wake689 the auto focus can be used to set the first near or far points but then the chevrons are used to set the end focus point manually. The steps will be ...
- 09.10.2020 14:06
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: Canon 6d with Samsung Tab A
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3954
Re: Canon 6d with Samsung Tab A
If you read the Helicon instructions they say you have to use an "on the go" OTG cable for Android and not all Androids support that but most do
- 16.10.2019 01:00
- Forum: Helicon FB Tube
- Topic: Lens focus stuck on f32
- Replies: 4
- Views: 23840
Re: Lens focus stuck on f32
Yes the Tube sits behind the lens and controls it, not the camera, so you will need a lens with built in motor. Helicon Remote will work in this case though.
- 04.10.2019 17:55
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: Venus optics Laowa lenses
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2708
Re: Venus optics Laowa lenses
If the lens is manual focus only then there can be no way for any software or hardware to adjust it in camera. But you could use a focus rail with a stepper motor (eg stackshot or Wemacro rail) controlled by Helicon Remote.
- 26.08.2019 15:25
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: Focus steps too big - EOS 750D & EFS 18-135 mm STM
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4062
Re: Focus steps too big - EOS 750D & EFS 18-135 mm STM
Have you done the essential calibration first?
- 26.08.2019 14:51
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: Helicon Focus or Zerene Stacker, which is better?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4705
Re: Helicon Focus or Zerene Stacker, which is better?
To me Helicon Focus is very straightforward to use and does the job well so I haven't bothered trying Zerene.